Students will complete a self-reflection assignment for the purpose of validating their clinical progress. The goal for this activity is to engage the student in considering how their clinical abilities and professional growth are changing.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will:
- Review clinical encounters to identify gaps in experience.
- Propose a plan to narrow the gaps in experience.
- Identify their own feelings regarding their progress, achievement of personal goals and weaknesses.
- Chose two (2) NONPF competencies and discuss how the student has met or plans to meet them in the future.
Due Date: Assignment must be submitted by Saturday11:59p.m. MT.
Total Points Possible: 50
There are two parts to this assignment.
- In part 1, students will review their clinical experience documentation in to write a NARRATIVE about their experience thus far. Students should:
- Review their patient encounters and identify experience gaps in terms of age, acuity, certain procedures, level of complexity, etc.
- State how they plan to narrow this gap in future practicums (i.e., focus on seeing pediatric patients under the age of 5, finding a separate pediatric site for a later practicum, etcetera)
- Discuss how they have progressed throughout the practicum by identifying the goals that they have achieved and/or are still working toward
- Identify areas of weakness and communicate a plan to address these areas
- Choose two of the NONPF competencies and describe either (a) how you have met them or (b) how you plan to work toward meeting them in the future. Provide specific examples from your clinical rotation as support. FNP NONPF competencies can be found at: http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.nonpf.org/resource/resmgr/Competencies/CompilationPopFocusComps2013.pdf
Preparing the paper
- The written portion of this assignment is to be completed in a WORD document (.doc) and submitted to the course.
- Grammar, punctuation, spelling should be observed. In-text citations and reference page should follow APA format.
Reflection on Clinical Experience
Reflection plays a pivotal role in nursing as it not only aids the nurse to acquire self-awareness but as well provides them with substantial insights in light of their nursing practices. Through reflection, the nurses gain the propensity to draw their attention in endeavor to discover their personal meanings built from the nursing professional practice and their interactions with other professionals and patients. Taking this into account, this paper seeks to reflect on personal experiences by identifying the gaps experienced with nursing practice, suggesting strategies for narrowing the gaps, identifying the weaknesses and the NONPF practices that can aid my nursing practices and their application.
Reflection on Clinical Experience
The experiences I have had in clinical practice has been extensively educational as it provided me with substantial understanding required for family nursing practitioner in light of clinical assessments, diagnosis, treatment and medication. During the semester, I observed considerable improvements. I am looking forward to gaining more insight and experiences to advance my skills. My nursing background rotates around care provision for children. This course has equipped me with significant knowledge regarding health care delivery such as the necessary diagnostic procedures and appropriate treatments. I am well equipped with information about various treatments needed and I have the propensity to work autonomously.
The challenges I have encountered during the course facilitated my problem solving and decision making skills to a huge extent. Being new at children healthcare, I am in the learning process where I anticipate tapping adequate expertise regarding children diagnostic procedures and treatments…..Please click the Paypal icon below to purchase full solution for only $10